Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One Last Thing

This has been an amazing journey - one of frustration at times, but definitely worthwhile.

*What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I loved learning how to blog and set-up a wiki which I used during our research unit. I love Google docs and my reader, and playing around with some of the fun tools such as flickr.

*How has this program affected your life long learning goals? I love taking classes and never want to stop learning. This class took me out of my comfort zone and has boosted my confidence in the area of technology.

*Were there any take-a-way or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I must say, I never imagined the amount of information out there for teachers professionally or for use in the classroom. I never, never thought that I would ever be on Facebook, and fell in love with it.

*Would could you do differently to improve upon the program's format or concept? I can't think of anything. Your timeline was great - I just needed to follow it a little better; the "how to" videos were great, and your comments and encouragement were great. You definitely need to take it with someone - collaboration makes it fun.

*If you offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Absolutely.

*How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher?
There are many things that I will use in my classroom. This year, we set up a Wiki and blogs for our research unit on the Civil War. I want to include more computer time in the classroom - not just once a week in the computer lab.

*How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? I plan to subscribe to some additional feeds to my reader and visit it often.

*Where do you go from here?

Next year, I plan to set-up a classroom blog. I will use the wiki and blogs for research. I will continue to follow articles from my reader, incorporate youtube in the classroom - the resources are limitless and I am excited to explore them further.

It has been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment