Monday, April 27, 2009

Thing #22

Ok - I said that I would never do Facebook or MySpace. Never say never. I am now on Facebook and love it. It was so much fun finding friends and friends of friends. I connected with a teacher that I used to work with. It was also fun seeing what my grown children were doing on line. I think that it is a great way to stay connected to people when our time is so limited. However, now I must find the time to visit the site. I only explored Facebook. I have heard that Facebook is more family oriented than Myspace and most everyone I know is on Facebook. I understand the importance of knowing about social networking but I'm not sure how to use it in my classroom with my 5th grade students. I would rather have a class blog and communicate with my students that way. I have several students that loved blogging with me when we were studying the Civil War. They could communicate with me after school and then would remind me to look at the blog and comment on what they said. I know that it is important to communicate outside the classroom with our students but I'm just not sure that Facebook is the way to go for 5th grade. I love it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Not every tool is for everybody or every classroom, but it is important that we have an awareness of what these things are.

    ReplyDelete