Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thing #19

I love voicethread and can see several ways to use it in the classroom. The pictures that are already there would be great to use for creative writing. Students could create their own pictures and stories in groups or as a class. In addition, students could use voicethread to create final projects after a novel study. They could then comment on each others. I like the idea of using it for writing prompts at the beginning of class. This would enable them to have many stories started and they could expand on them at a later date. Pictures based on what they are studying at the time could also be used for writing and making connections. While browsing, I searched and found a voicethread that would be great for introducing the book Sign of the Beaver. The teacher introduced the book and had them make predictions using the voicethread. I thought that this was a great way to have a class discussion about what we are reading outside of the class. I enjoyed this and will probably use it. I did not spend much time on the "how to" so I hope that it is user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment